The Little Prince: English Version
Click on a highlighted chapter link to go to it. If you know which chapter you would like to read, but don't know what number it is, the small synopses by each link may help.
Attention: these chapters are dotted with graphics from the book. Some of these graphics files are rather large in size. You can either turn off your browser's image loading capabilities to make the chapters come up faster, or you can wait the few extra moments for the pictures-- they're worth it!
- Chapter 1 -we are introduced to the narrator, a pilot, and his ideas about grown-ups.
- Chapter 2 -the narrator crashes in the desert and makes the acquaintance of the little prince.
- Chapter 3 -the narrator learns more about from where the little prince came.
- Chapter 4 -the narrator speculates as to which asteroid from which the little prince came.
- Chapter 5 -we are warned as to the dangers of the baobabs.
- Chapter 6 -the little prince and the narrator talk about sunsets.
- Chapter 7 -the narrator learns about the secret of the little prince's life.
- Chapter 8 -the rose arrives at the little prince's planet.
- Chapter 9 -the little prince leaves his planet.
- Chapter 10 -the little prince visits the king.
- Chapter 11 -the little prince visits the conceited man.
- Chapter 12 -the little prince visits the tippler.
- Chapter 13 -the little prince visits the businessman.
- Chapter 14 -the little prince visits the lamplighter.
- Chapter 15 -the little prince visits the geographer.
- Chapter 16 -the narrator discusses the Earth's lamplighters.
- Chapter 17 -the little prince makes the acquaintance of the snake.
- Chapter 18 -the little prince goes looking for men and meets a flower.
- Chapter 19 -the little prince climbs a mountain range.
- Chapter 20 -the little prince discovers a garden of roses.
- Chapter 21 -the little prince befriends the fox.
- Chapter 22 -the little prince encounters a railway switchman.
- Chapter 23 -the little prince encounters a merchant.
- Chapter 24 -the narrator and the little prince, thirsty, hunt for a well in the desert.
- Chapter 25 -finding a well, the narrator and the little prince discuss his return to his planet.
- Chapter 26 -the little prince converses with the snake; the little prince consoles the narrator; the little prince returns to his planet.
- Chapter 27 -the narrator's afterthoughts.
Back to The Little Prince